Whole foods are unprocessed, or minimally processed vegetables, whole grains, fruits, nuts, and seeds. They’re loaded with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals.
Take a quiz
Discover what Klinio app can do for you
Healthy diabetes meal plan crafted just for YOU
Personalized workouts with no equipment needed
Track your progress with smart tracking tools
Whole foods are usually a little bit more expensive, so we highly recommend shopping at local farmer’s markets instead of trendy “whole food” stores. Naturally, you won’t find organic milk at a farmer’s market, but you will definitely find some delicious fresh veggies and fruit.
Follow these tips to include more whole foods in your diet:
- Consume whole grains instead of refined grains whenever possible.
- Replace white flour with whole-wheat flour.
- Eat lots of fresh veggies and fruits.
- Include beans in your meals and snacks: they’re a great source of plant protein, fiber, phytochemicals, and other nutrients.
- Eat fewer convenience and processed foods.